Gather, folks. Let’s chat.
Alright, for those of you thinking, “Come on Kellie, get to the point.” Here’s the super short version of the post: bone marrow registry, get. on. that.
Now for my rambles.
Registering for the National Marrow Donor Program is easy. And free. And painless.
Here’s how it works:
1. Register for a FREE kit at Be the Match.
2. Forget you registered for it and then remember when it arrives in your mailbox a week or so later (or maybe that was just me?).
3. Swab your mouth. This part is EASY unless you have a pathological fear of oversize Q-tips. If that’s the case, well, perhaps this isn’t for you?
4. Put the aforementioned oversize Q-tips (now with your cheek goo!) in the return case provided by Be The Match.
5. Place your kit in a postage paid envelope and drop it in the mail. For free, people.
The whole thing takes maybe five minutes, including the time it takes to open and read the instructions on your kit.
And you wait. And maybe, someday, you’ll get a call asking you to save someone’s life.
It’s so easy. It’s so important. Five minutes of your day and you could save someone’s wife, mother, daughter, husband, dad, son, friend.
Questions? Here you go.